1. morning scripture reading with my husband. 10 minutes together over breakfast has been great the last month or so and it's one thing that i am most looking foward to in 2011.
2. no junk month. my favorite tradition for a few years now. a nice junk food detox.
3. jillian michael's 30 day shred. for at least 20 days. whenever i'm not running and sometimes when i am. it's only 20 minutes a day.
4. get a desk and create a home office space for me. the house is my office and if i'm going to optimize my time i need my own workspace that i can leave untouched for days at a time and be able to come back to my projects and be able to pick up where i left off.
5. geneaology. at least 1 name to the temple this year.(so lofty).
6. watch more mystery science theater 3000. this is my other favorite resolution. so glad for netflix. my life is funnier as a result.
7. not yell at perfect strangers so easily. demand patience and poise from myself. i'm an adult dang it!
and my mottoes for the year:
oh be wise! what can i say more? jacob 6:12 in the Book of Mormon (i need more practice being contemplative and rational)
make is simple. make it lovely! (this was our theme of a relief society conference last year and it's message really stuck with me. lovely and simple are not mutually exclusive. i think it fits nicely with being wise too.)
and i really wanted my first recorded outfit of the year to be a knockout. it was more of a doozy. i changed a bajillion times this morning. i was thinking cold and it was 63 today. so my internal fashion psyche was way off. this year i am off with a thump.
white blouse- express
puffed sleeved sweater- gap
skirt- found it in my closet
shoes- jessica simpson
my last resolution is to get better at posing. the more i try, the lamer is look.
AND, a new post is up on the yellow rose! chchch check it out!