Tuesday, January 18, 2011

sinister moustache

i had a great outfit post planned for today but as i went download the pictures i noticed that everyone's favorite three year old had chewed up my download cord. for real. and now i have to ORDER a new cord! 
so, here is something extra fun instead. last weekend thomas and i watched smokey and the bandit. he repeated every line by heart and regaled me with stories from his youth watching this dynamic film. i slept through most of it and then i was riveted by the cool that is burt reynolds for the last 30 minutes. how great is a bushy moustache? imagine if you were married to a moustache wearer? you could make-out and floss at the same time! upon further ponderance, i decided that i couldn't decide who was more definitive of the moustache, tom selleck?
or burt reynolds?

so tell me dear reader, vote in this poll and tell me who tickles your fancy(and your upper lip)? tom or burt?
(it's not showing up on reader but i promise if you click on my page it will be there.) 


and a VERY VERY honorable mention for sam elliott. roadhouse simply wouldn't be the same without your words of wisdom!

9 comments:

Carie said...

Floss and make out at the same time. Seriously. So funny and disgusting.

Jenna said...

Ewww. I am just not a 'stache girl. Although my dentist would be immensely happy if I would floss more often, maybe it would help.

MerciBlahBlah said...

Wait a minute - not only do you have a husband named Tom, but you have a daughter named Scarlett? Do you also have identical sons that are the same age as Scarlett? WE ARE LIVING A BIZARRO PARALLEL LIFE.

Blech. Mustaches. I must say though, that MY preference, if forced to pick, would be Tom Selleck, and I MAAAAY have worn (proudly, I might add), a baseball tee (white with three quarter length red sleeves) with Magnum P.I.'s mug on the front in the 80s. That said, I believe that Burt and his 'stache is more reminiscent of the 70s.

Merci!
Shannan

Brittney said...

wait, for reals? CHEWED through the cord? amazing. my vote: tom selleck. but here's aNOTHer question for your ponderance: who rocked the shorty-shorts better, selleck or chevy chase? discuss.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I think I'm totally old enough to appreciate this! LOL It would absolutely be SAM ELLIOTT! I think he is just sooooooo cool. He was GORGEOUS in Mask and he's aged so well. Burt Reynolds in his heyday was crazy goodlooking, but he's messed with his face and HAS NOT aged well. Tom Selleck, hmmmmm, he seems like such a nice man and he's handsome too; but I think he's dyed his hair. I don't like the whole man dying his hair thing. Makes me feel like THEY want to be the pretty one! Good luck with that cord. ~Serene

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

There is no other vote besides TOM! He rocks the mustache and always will. He is the best, hands down! Burt, Smurt.

Kaitlyn said...

i am pro burt. i used to love "win, lose, or draw" ....reruns, haha.

Ramsey said...

Haha...I don't know...I just can't do a mustache man...facial hair. I'm good...but I don't mash with the stache!

emilylime said...

ew. Mustaches creep me out.

Thanks for the comment! I'm definitely a heels and skirt girl in my dreams, but a casual girl out of practicality. My hair is God-given and encouraged by a little produce and a diffuser. :)