Monday, April 18, 2011

paint it black

if someone wanted to get beaten up, yesterday was the day to ask me to do it. though i've been trying to branch out from all black ensembles, this all black look made me feel tough as nails. who am i kidding? i AM tough as nails. grease stains quiver at the sight of me with my oxyclean spray. weeds shrink in my presence. i can raise and lower my blood pressure just by thinking about it. jack bauer learned everything from me. my only kryptonite is steel magnolias. then i am mush. a crying, sobbing, gasping-for-breaths pile of mush.
blouse- express
jacket- target
skirt- kohls
shoes- jessica simpson



10 comments:

Carie said...

HIT WEEZER. (Fav line from Steel Magnolias.)

Love the skirt and the all black.

(I saw your mom on Sunday. She is the best person I know. It was a sad reminder that you don't live here anymore and I was bummed out.)

Whimsically Stuffed Shelves said...

This is my favorite outfit thus far, this is just gorgeous!
&& I especially love that skirt and the little interesting ruffles. Gorgeous.

:)

Jess said...

woo hoo! you are over 100 followers...I do believe this calls for a give-away!!! ;)

Laura said...

woo! this outfit is really nice :) you look great

Nanina said...

EEK don't look at me like this I'm shrinking into my clothes! ^^

Relatable Style

Kaitlyn said...

cute skirt! steel magnolias gets everyone. it's my mom's fave.

Monica and Whitney said...

You totally are as tough as nails. I am so glad you share the same affinity for black. We also share the same breaking point- steel magnolias. Oh, wow. I always think I can make it through without the faucet turning on in my eyeballs. And I am always wrong. ALWAYS wrong.

I think we were meant to be friends.

-Monica

Unknown said...

power black all the way, with touches of feminine ruffles and class! love it!

aleisha
cutefatandshort.blogspot.com

Living_in_aShoe said...

this is such a stylish all black outfit!

oomph. said...

although this year i vowed to wear colors, i still love an all black suit. can't go wrong with all black! love the detail on the front of the skirt.

rockoomph.blogspot.com