Wednesday, April 13, 2011

ladylike

my 2nd most favorite thing that my grandma bonnie has ever said to me was the day she declared, "heidi, if you would just act like a lady you would almost be perfect." that was almost as good as the day she spied my bellybutton ring and said, "if my stomach was that flabby i wouldn't be showing it to anybody!" grandma bonnie is one of my heroes. no joke.

in honor of grandma bonnie and my dear, long-suffering mother, ladylike was my goal for today.

i'm too sexy for this face.

while i do like being ladylike i also look forward to the moment after you take off your dress and heels you can go back to being yourself who eats frosting straight out of the tub with a baby spoon in the glow of the refrigerator light.
dress- thrifted
belt- gap
sweater- gift
shoes- kristin davis via tjmaxx
bag- gigi hill

10 comments:

Aleisha Z. Coleman said...

you honor her well:) my favorite grandmaism is "it takes pains to beautiful"....mmmmm......

aleisha
cutefatandshort.blogspot.com

MONKEYFACE said...

Hold up. There is a Kristin Davis for TJMaxx line?? Where have I been?! Obviously not TJMaxx recently. Those shoes are ladylicious. Grandma Bonnie would be proud.

Rachel said...

Your mother is a Lady, that's for sure.
Forget about the frosting, I just rediscovered Nutella during my last Costco trip. I had forgotten how delicious it is. On Everything.

Cydney said...

Our Grandmas sound like they were MFEO! Mine brushed the hair out of my eyes when I was nine and told me, "You really might be pretty one day if you quit making all those faces". HA!
Grannies are the best.

The Elegant Bohemian said...

Your grandmother sounds lie a HOOT! I think you look every bit the lady in your lovely dress! ~Serene

Jessica said...

i think you always look like a lady because in my book a lady is someone who is put together. and you ALWAYS look put together! (p.s. i love your little lady in training in the bottom pic -- her dress looks adorable!).

HiFashion said...

You grandma sounds amazing. And you pulled off ladylike perfectly. I love the dress. The color really suits you.

Lori said...

Love all of your gorgeous printed dresses.
If I only had a penny for every time my mom begged me to be more ladylike :)

stylefyles said...

Grandma Bonnie sounds kind of awesome. Love that dress! It's so pretty. And it's fantastic the way you've belted it and added a cardi. Great look!

Jenny said...

You are adorable and you crack me up! I need that right now. That dress is gorgeous, looking good lady!