Sunday, December 26, 2010

run for it marty!

marty- "whoa! this is heavy!"
doc brown- "there's that word again; "heavy". why are things so heavy in the future? is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?"

marty mcfly- style icon


a while ago it was cold. and i pouted about it. and i have adverse reactions to denim on denim outfits. but i summoned my courage and thought about 1985 and pushed forward. and this was the end result:
i totally got a marty-mcfly-back-to-the-future vibe from this outfit.


and apparently some people have never seen the cinematic gem "back to the future". which i simply just can't fathom because 1. it's one of the GREATEST movies ever made. 2. it seems to be running on a constant loop on abcfamily. everytime i catch it on i fall into a trance and i have to watch at least a scene or 4. i couldn't imagine having lived my life without shouting, "run for it marty!" or "great scott!" or "you are my density" or  "it's the libyans!" at least once a week.

denim shirt- thrifted
long sleeve striped shirt- old navy
belt- gap
jeans- forever skinny gap
boots- no idea from tj maxx

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love those movies. I'm shocked there are people who have never seen them. Almost as shocked as when someone tells me they've never seen Star Wars.
Great layering job btw. Love the fur detail on your vest.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

YES!!!! I feel the same way about Marty and the Back to the Future. Every single time it comes on I simply HAVE to watch it. "Now, now, Biff now, I never noticed that the car had any blind spot before when I would drive it...Hi, Son." Bahahaha! So many great lines. "My density has popped me to you." "Hey kid, what happened? Did you jump ship?"

So you can imagine my excitement when I unwrapped this milestone of 80's glorious-ness on Christmas morning, huh? That's right, it's finally mine!!

Oh, and yes, I like the outfit too.