Tuesday, December 06, 2011

baby i was born to sway

one of my favorite people on earth(bratalie, in order to maintain anonymity) has a special knack for mishearing lyrics. my all time favorite mistake is the very popular song by garth brooks, "the river" where mr. brooks encourages us to "sell our investments"(sail my vessel). i just love to butcher a song and sing the wrong thing on purpose. together we are a delightful saturday night at the karaoke bar. 

can you guess the songs behind these lyrics?

like a twister i was born to wear cologne

there's a bathroom on the right

excuse me while i kiss this guy

big pimpin', spinach and cheese


ls t-shirt- gap
jacket- target
jeans-gap  forever skinny
booties- target

i really like my legs in these pictures(i actually like this whole outfit. honestly, 50% of the time i really am not thrilled with what i am wearing. everything is mostly attempts, rather than successes.). i've never worn these jeans like this before. they are 34 inch inseam and so i always need to roll or cuff them to make them wearable. today i simply paired them with platform booties and then cuffed them under. i think that combination really gives a nice elongating look. i look much taller than 5'5 in this picture. yay me!

ps- funny or cry. i was running errands yesterday while wearing a pair of pants that required elastic band love to keep them together(like all my pants these days). as i was in the grocery store i thought to myself, "man, these pants aren't snug at all. in fact they feel really comfortable and have felt great ALL DAY." and then i looked down and realized that my pants were visibly unzipped and my poor little elastic was holding on for dear life and probably had been all day. hence the comfort. ignorance is bliss.

9 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Oh yeah, I love the anonymity.

In other news, I saw shoes very similar to those the other day and I honestly though to myself, "Those look like Heidi shoes." Thanks for proving me correct!

PS - That first deleted comment was from me. It had a mistake in it, so I had to delete.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori Stevens said...

Hi Hidei,

Very nice blog.

How do I contact you?

can you contact me at: lori.modestsea@gmail.com ?

Thanks,
Lori Stevens

Paula said...

Ha ha ha. Natalie and her lyrics. In regards to your pants, at least you were comfortable even if you fly was down. I don't know what is more embarrassing, when you realize something like that yourself and wonder how many people saw it or when someone points it out to you?