Wednesday, June 08, 2011

roughing it

cookin on the grill with air dried hair and no make-up. everyone needs to have a rest day and this day is my version of roughing it.
t shirt- target
skirt- thrifted
sandals- bakers
sunglasses- franco sarto via tjmaxx

my favorite feature in lucky magazine is based on the style blog my mom the style icon. people send in photos of their mother in their heyday with stories about how they inspired them sartorially. the photos i took today while is was cooking up weiners(buzzword of the week, right?) reminded me of old pictures of my mom in college. the smoky haze from my grill, the 70s quality of the images, the long skirt. only my mom is so naturally lovely she has never needed make-up. she's just good and wonderful and well-intentioned all the time. and she expects the best out of everyone. we also weren't allowed to say butt and crap at our house growing up. we got a stern look if we ever implied that someone "tooted". we had to sit on our fanny and only say nice things to each other and never even think about any type of rude bodily function. it was a really wonderful childhood.
oy vey! my air dried hair is so wrong it will never be right.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me long for a backyard, yummy food, and that skirt!! Love it!

Carie said...

I have that shirt. I love it.

I also love your mom. She is truly one of the best people I've ever met.

modernmom said...

I have an aunt like that. I thought she was going to choke on her chicken the first time I said, "fart". It was quite comical. But now I am a true southern lady, and I don't let my kids say things like that.

Anonymous said...

You totally rocked that grill! ... and the glasses, last two pictures total model material!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Leah said...

Love the skirt on you! Had to laugh at how proper you Mom tried to make you be...my Mom always called "fart" the "F" word. hahahahahaha

Monica and Whitney said...

That skirt is so fabulous!

By the way, I was laughing when I saw that you and I both hadn't cut our hair in a year!