Tuesday, June 14, 2011

impassable trail lose 10 days

i'm pretty sure i would have made a terrible pioneer. i went running last saturday in a relatively wooded area and i got eaten ALIVE by skeeters, so i had to wear pants today, 3 days later. i look pretty nast-ay from the knees down. i can't imagine what i would have been like pulling a handcart across the plains.
shirt- thrifted
pants- target
sandals- bakers
even though my outdoorsy skillz are minimal, i alway ROCKED oregon trail in elementary school. i was the first person in my class to make it all the way to oregon.


my favorite and yours too:
 

kids are so spoiled today with their 3D graphics. i had hours of fun with this cutting edge one-dimensional harbinger of death game.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I Loved Oregon Trail!
I did hate when you would kill 1000 pounds of meat, but then you could only carry 100 pounds of it back to the wagon. Weaklings. Congrats to you on making it to Oregon. I don't think I ever did.
Remember the PAWS game? That was awesome too. Kids today...spoiled rotten.
Oh, and your outfit is cute too. :)

Rachel@ A Little Bit of Ray said...

Ick! I wouldn't have survived as a pioneer either! Thanks for following my blog. It totally makes my day whenever I get a new one :)

Mare said...

Amen. I would have been buried the first 100 miles. IF I made it long enough with the skeeter bites and the chiggers, I would have contacted some disease or been the pregnant woman who didn't make it.

Oregon trail was made for those of us who in our hearts wanted to be brave enough to make the trek but some all knowing person knew we needed the modern conveniences like OFF and cortisone 10!

And I may or may not be caught playing the disney wii games in my living room but in my heart i am i die hard atari fan!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Oh Oregon Trails, such great memories haha :)

Unknown said...

That's what i was looking for. I will definitely share it with others.
Thanks for sharing.
Business Logo Design