Sunday, June 05, 2011

the longest post about nothing of consequence

i got my hairs did yesterday. it had been nearly 1 year since i had a haircut. i don't know why i do this is myself. this is before:
not bad, but about 4 inches of scraggle.

and this is the picture i brought for inspiration(ignore the blindingly ample bosom, if you can.):

and after:
wah wah, fail. i don't know why i always expect anything but a flat mom hair helmet, but that's what i get everytime. i don't even ask for it! i want wild! i want beachy southern debutante! and i get blah. and that is why i only get my hair cut once a year. the horrible fear of flat, bland hair.

on another note, after i put my boring hair up in a lifeless, no personality bun, thomas and i had a real deal date and we ended up at target looking at birthday presents for scarlett and books for us. all the paperback romances were 25% off!

and wouldn't you know it, rob lowe has the blogger pose DOWN!

 i did not realize that i was pointing right at his personal bizness. completely inadvertent mistake. merely confirming his blogger pose.

and then i style my hair myself today and i realized that everything is going to be okay.

no matter how trendy, front pleating is just not flattering. a millionbillion crunches a week and one pleated skirt undoes it all. it looks like a front diaper. like early 90s beverly hills 90210 front-butt jeans. or in some circles known as kelly taylor-gluteus-fronteus-maximus.
 maybe not that severe, but it makes me self-conscious
blouse- thrifted
skirt- thrifted(and hemmed with unmatching red thread!)
belt- gap
shoes- thrifted

body combat tomorrow!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

i am almost ALWAYS frustrated/aggravated/displeased/annoyed, etc. after getting MY hair did. i wonder how common an emotion that is? one thing i always tell myself is that the difference between an okay haircut and a better one is about a week. i love the way you've styled yours though. i think it looks great.

Unknown said...

First off your hair is like a sexy 70s secretary in the best way possible. Second I love that hot pink blouse with the purple skirt. Rawr!

Julie said...

Color blocking at it's best! Seriously, looks even better in person :)
ps-I almost wore a hot pink blouse to church yesterday too. Good thing I didn't. That might have been awkward...

Colleen said...

Hey, don't even worry fret over it, your hair looks great. =] Cute blog, I'm following now. Return the gesture?

http://laughlongandhard.blogspot.com/

Loads of Love,
Colleen

Unknown said...

you, my friend, are pullin' off the pleated panel front skirt just fine...i cannot so much, i remember shopping in the boys/mens department in jr. high, just to avoid having to wear those awful travesties of fashion wear for my body type:) and now the high waisted stuff is back in style, too....oh dear for me.....
aleisha
cutefatandshort.blogspot.com

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

I think long haired beauties tend to have more issues with hair cuts. Everyone I know who complains about a messed up hair cut, or the stylist not doing it right, or unevenness, etc, has hair below their shoulders. I wonder what it is about longer hair that stylists have trouble with? You would think it would be opposite - that short hair would be easier to see mistakes and harder to cut...deep thoughts by nbkg.

Deep thoughts aside, I like the cut! It looks healthier and of course, gorgeous!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Looks like Kelly Rowland's been shopping in your style closet: http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2011/06/in-or-out-kelly-rowland-in-matthew-williamson.html
Front pleat skirt, huh?

Freelance Shop-A-Holic said...

Amazing. You are just. Amazing!!!!!!

I love your hair. And that outfit... Love

Unknown said...

You totally rock the colour blocking...I think you're a bit crazy thinking the skirts unflattering!

Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired