Monday, July 11, 2011

day tripper

 since my mom and sister were visiting we made a day trip to asheville, north carolina to see the biltmore. it was so neat-o. my inner nerd was doing jumping jacks. not only was it an architectural wonder, but they had HARD SCOOP ice cream. hard scoop is my absolute-of-all-time-hallelujah-amen-and-amen-favorite. soft serve ice cream is for ninnies.

but, more importantly, i tried to put together an outfit that
would be appropriate for traveling and walking  and climbing a million stairs and looking at amazing gardens in 95 degree humid weather. normally when i travel more than an hour or two i wear sweats or anything without a waistband, but i'm trying to not embarass the family anymore. i'm pretty proud of myself because i think i nailed my day trip look. later i will be figuring out the formula for cold fusion and proposing my ideas for a balanced national budget. i'm on a roll!
i'm glad that i wasn't a sweating, uncomfortable monster like the kid behind me laying all over the table.

sunglasses- franco sarto
t shirt- gap
belt- fossil
skirt- thrifted
sandals- bakers

 seriously, incredible.

unfortunately while i was stuffing my face with HARD SCOOP ice cream, i realized i had lost part of my favorite angel wing earrings. my sister was able to capture the exact moment for posterity:
absolutely brilliant.

7 comments:

AppGal said...

Isn't the Biltmore just lovely? And I love Asheville overall. I find myself there on weekends when I have nothing else to do. And the FOOD! Oh the food is to die for in that town. Did you get a chance to visit the J.Crew clearance center?

modernmom said...

Yep, you rocked the comfy casual look. Way better than the kid behind you. Haha. His momma should'a told him to wear light colors.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

BAHAHAHA! Did you intentionally get that kid in the background of your picture or was that pure happenstance? Was Heather taking the picture? GENIUS!

The last time I visited Biltmore we had my old abuela with us and she couldn't walk the stairs so we got to use the old-timey elevators. Yeah, real hoity toity.

Rocketgirl said...

Okay, maybe this question is totally lame, but how on earth are you wearing a white tee?? I want to sooooo bad, but I hate seeing the see-through outline of my bra in the front and that AND g's in the back. I've tried almost everything - even my husband's shirts, and larger shirts. Is there a way I could ever wear a white tee??? Or are people looking at your goodies and the camera is being sneaky?

Unknown said...

Your face is hilarious! hahaha sorry about you losing your earring!
The Biltmore is quite a beauty.

thanks for commenting on my blog!
xo

Leah said...

The Biltmore has ruined me for any other homes I tour. Nothing compares to that place here in the US. I guess that means I need to take a trip to europe!

PS. I seriously hate when I lose a stinkin ear ring!

Abi Gray said...

Love the outfit in this post xx