today marks the end of my 30 day shred resolution. i took my "after" pictures this morning. everyone should take before and after pictures. "before" pictures can be a little traumatic, but it also helped me to see the things that i already like about myself. i've got strong legs! my arms are so weak that i resemble a tyrannosaurus. my head is in proportion to the size of my neck! my gray hair is less visible when you see my glaringly white stomach!
i met my goal of completing the routine at least 20 times in the month. i actually did it around 25. i loved it. LOVED it. it's never fun to get up at 545 to exercise, but the routine was quick, challenging and doable. i had a day about 2 weeks into it that i just felt great. my muscles felt strong, my clothes were fitting better and i reconfirmed to myself that i can do hard things!
1. i started the program already being a regular exerciser. but jillian gives you options for everything. i could hardly lift the weights on day 1, but the lunges and cardio weren't that difficult for me. i just kept working my way towards doing the routine as close to perfect as possible.
2. i ran a half-marathon on day 8 of the workout. i cut down my running after that from about 20 miles a week to 10 miles a week. the jillian michael's 30 day shred only enhanced what i was already doing. while i was strong in lower body, i really needed the most results in my upper body and abs.
3. in conjuncition with the 30 day shred, i didn't eat any junk food in january. i lost about 3 pounds. that wasn't my goal(i wanted to build muscle), but a nice incentive. and i have more energy and desire to eat healthy.
4. i plan on doing this workout every morning. it's great and quick and it doesn't take long before the results become obvious. especially in my abs. i am really proud of my abs. i started working out in a sports bra like jillian does and that was great motivation too. but only in the privacy of my own home. while the rest of the world was asleep.
5. the routine only requires a couple of hand weights. that's it. and the dvd was only $7.
6. for further motivation, google 30 day shred images. very inspiring. i'll never post my pictures, but please enjoy ones others have posted.