Thursday, February 24, 2011

a thin belt between love and hate

i was determined to wear impractical shoes today to make up from the extended wearing of comfortable shoes over the weekend. not that anyone is keeping tabs. and since you asked, my lipstick is rimmel red hot #168. i bought it as a joke and it looks like the joke was on me because i actually like it!
blouse- gap
vest- wal*mart
belt- gap
jeans- seven7 at kohl's
shoes- enzo angiolini

 i actually don't have a huge zit on my chin. i love hyper-pigmentation on my face.
my belt was being ill-fitting today so i tied knots in it. i thought knots were nice for a rope belt. very nautical. and a knot is a unit of speed equal to one nautical mile. now you know. and knowing is half the battle.

i need some advice. i received a gift certificate for christmas for a one-year subscription to any magazine of my choice. i already have a lucky magazine subscription. lucky isn't my favorite(the new editor has made some good changes though. but that's another post for another day) but i got it for a super good deal a few years ago. i'm not sure what else to get. i'd like eliza magazine, but that's not an option. any suggestions? instyle? vogue? cosmo? horse illustrated? southern living?
in the past i have had subscriptions to martha stewart living, self, shape, women's health and fitness and runner's world. i liked them but i don't think i would get any of them again.
thoughts?

11 comments:

Jessica said...

i had in style a few years ago and really liked it. then again i really like us weekly, too. so really it would be a toss up for me. hahahaha. i'm glad you're making up for all your practical shoe-wearing in california. it's good to see you back!

Unknown said...

IN STYLE for sure! It's my favorite! You look great in this and I'm loving those shoes! ~Serene

Lori said...

I vote for InStyle. I feel too old for Cosmo and not cool enough for Vogue :)
BTW so buying that lipstick this weekend

Kaitlyn said...

blogger is against us. for some reason your were taken off my list, too! sheesh. i also have a lot of reading to catch up on.

ps: i like the knots in the belt! and i also have a lovely zit on my face. ughhh.. stupid acne.

Mare said...

I love allure because they have fantastic hair and make up tips with out tons of ads and cosmo drama. But that is me more the sure and make up gal.

Rebecca said...

love your belt/vest combo. very cute!

rebeccawithanR

Anonymous said...

I'd go for Instyle without a doubt, all of them have great stuff, but I think InStyle is the one with actual wearable and useful things, cant deny Vogue is amazing but can't buy or wear any of that!

http://blog.cessoviedo.com

Meredith said...

i totally hear you on the shoes thing. i wear flats all.the.time. and want to get more use out of my lovely heel collection. i'm working on it!
ps: if you'd like to link up here:
http://bit.ly/eSXQWf
with other styling Mormon moms bloggers, you're so invited girl! :)

Unknown said...

In Style, Allure, Harpers Bazar, oh the list goes on.. i am a junky..

~selina

Leah said...

Southern Living No doubt! They have great recipes, great places to visit in the south, great homes and cool ways to decorate! I love that magazine! I once massaged the owners of the magazine. They are from Birmingham but have a lake house in Tuscaloosa!

Emily C said...

one of my fave mags is "house beautiful". i'm also a new subscriber to martha "living" - and i'm liking it. but its more for craft and entertaining type things...which i'm not sure if you are into that stuf"