i love resolutions. and i love typing them up on my blog. and i don't mind failing at my resolutions. i just appreciate that some part of me wants to try and do better sometimes. while i only whole-heartedly and officially completed 3 of my 10 resolutions from last year, i don't feel bad. there is always room for improvement. and i think the real trick is to print this out and hang it somewhere i will see it as a nagging reminder.
1. two week menu planner. as soon as i made this my resolution last year, i never did it again. ridiculous.
2. be nicer. this will probably be the hardest one. i have no natural inclination to be nice. it's like i swallowed a gallon of vinegar. it is truly a task i need to work on.(niceness, not drinking vinegar. i'll save that for emily curfew. and eating beets.)
3. read the book of mormon 3 times. this was one resolution from last year that i completed with flying colors so i thought that i would up the ante and read it 3 times. reading left me feeling great. just one step closer to being nicer.
4. tight as a tick. this is my workout mantra. overall good health often requires you to hold on tight to your goals. like a tick to skin.
a. this includes no junk january.
b. and only 24 hours of junk food in february. (my version of junk does not include hot chocolate or vanilla wafers or granola bars, as long as they aren't the chocolate dipped kind. i still cap the night off with a steaming hot chocolate and make it through long afternoons with a handful of cereal or wafers.)
c. no complaining in the gym. if i can't say that i love lifting and working hard, i will say nothing. i was remarkably silent in my weightlifting class this past tuesday.
d. run for fun and distance, not time or speed. competing with myself is only fun to a certain point.
5. be a better blogger while spending less time on the internet. i love reading updates but hate spending time doing mindless things. recording family events and personal opinions should be an outlet for enjoyment, not mind-numbing time wasting.
6. nightly journal moment a la elder eyring. in relief society on sunday we watched a video clip of elder eyring discussing how he or someone he knows(i can't remember now) would record just a few lines each night in their journal about how the Lord had blessed their day. since i am abundantly blessed, far more than i deserve, this should be a cakewalk. and i look forward to really reflecting on my day and how i spent my time.
7. blog outfit posting and closet corkboard. for personal inspiration and reference. sometimes a little outfit effort is all i need to go from feeling schlumpy to motivated.
YEARLY PERSONAL MOTTO-
just go for it
this was inspired by my dear friend jamey in describing her sister's fashion sense. she said, " i love how she just goes for it!" it struck me like a lightning bolt. i thought to myself, "that's how i want to be in everything." i just want to go for it. i don't want worry, or anxiety or whatever to hold me back. as i get older, i realize more and more that it is myself holding me back. dreams will be achieved, goals will be met, opportunities will be realized if i just go for it.
1. all out workouts. i am ready for the challenge.
2. all out church calling effort. no calling is too daunting.
3. all out mothering. my family is my greatest joy, a clean house may have to be sacrificed.
4. all out fashion. who says there needs to be an event to dress up. i will make it an event.
here's to 2010! BRING IT!